I have now cut away both sides of the rear wheel arches, leaving some large
semi circular shaped holes in the rear bodywork.
The oversized 17" rim and tyre from the donor now fits and can the suspension fully compressed so it sits on the bump stop. I will remove some more material around its edge in due course, so that I could fit this sized tyre if I ever wanted to, there is not much chance I will want to, as it does look huge on the car. (Never say never)
I have started the cutting out on the left handside, need to remove some more material from front edge, as its fouling the wheel arch rim.
Off to collet some fiber glassing materials tonight afer work from a local fiberglasser.
resin & hardner
gel coat & catalyst
Once the prep work on the current wheel arches and holes is complete, I can fiberglass, fill then re-gel coat the new extensions.