Been in contact with Marlin about the proposed change to the steering column mounts. There is no problem with doing this change.
Looking into this a little deeper it may be possible to extend the rearmost mounting bracket with out changing the steering column mount.
A small bracket the same size as the original bracket can be welded onto the front, this should give the additional 30mm or so of space to allow the steering column to be fitted.
I need to remove the pedal box (again) and move the accelerator pedal down a little, so the 6 way electrical connection can be made.
Removing the pedal box will also allow for an aluminium backing plate to be made to cover the holes in the front bulkhead that were made when I moved the pedal box down.
Had some more free time in the garage on Sunday spent the morning working out how best to align the steering column with the seat. It is a really noticeable 35mm too far to the left, I think the solution is to move the driver seat closer to the tunnel, by 20mm and move the steering column mount 15mm right. With this setup I wont have to move the pedal box.
Frank managed to mount the new steering wheel onto the quick release boss, by machining up a neat little aluminium adaptor plate.
I have to remove the current steering column brackets, in such a way too re-use them and move them to the right slightly.
Spent sunday morning connecting the heater matrix to the stainless coolant pipe tees.
Fitted the heater control valve, and billet aluminium bleed valve.
Have order some pipe formers from car builder solution to see if I can make some of the radius of the bends a bit tighter. If I can then I wont have to cross the pipes over the heater matrix. I order 4 in total.
I have yet to re connect the fuel pipes, but this should be a short task..
I also ordered a steering wheel from CBS. For now I have gone from a 300 brushed aluminium mountny steering wheel, we a quick release hub.
I will need to make a steering wheel adpater plate, and figure out how to connect the horn button to the horn wiring, while still maintaing a removal steering wheel. Think a phono plug will do the the job, as all it needs to do is activate a relay. I made my twon air horns relay activated as these can draw a fair bit of current.
Its been a while since I have managed to find time to get into the garage, what with Christmas and new year etc.
I have taken out the two stainless steel pipes from the tunnels, so that some Tee pieces can be welded on, to provide a feed for the heater matrix so I can demist the windscreen. Removal of the pipes was fairly simple, first drain the coolant into a bucket, remove the intercooler and raditor supporting A frame, then slide the two pipes out from the front.
The two 10cm long 15mm diameter pipes have been welded on. Just need to clean up the stainless weld a little and re fit them.
At the same time as welding the Tee I also got some weld spots put on the end of the stainless pipes, this should allow the silicon hoses and hose clips something extra to bite onto, to prevent a pipe blow off.
Next job is to re assemble the pipes and coolant system.