Project EXI

The building of a Marlin 5EXi kit car, using a Seat Leon 1.8T 20v Donor
Main > Archives > 2010 > 03 >
< 00:00:00 >

Mar 14 2010

Removing the SAI combi valve

170-SAIRemoval/IMG_5259.jpg

I have removed the combi valve from the engine block and crafted and aluminium plate to cover the hole. The combi valve had a small gasket on it, I cut this to a different shape to sit neatly under the plate.
I also removed the SAI pipes that feed the combi valve, there is a SAI solenoid that is connected to the Vacuum system, for now this is still in place, but I will leave it unplugged from the ECU.
I've indentified all the ECU wires, and documented them in a PDF, from this it is easier to work out what wire of the ECU goes to what wire on the Marlin Loom.
I've added into the Wiring loom document a wiring map, showing the lengths and distance between connections for the wiring loom. From this I can make up a wiring Jig so that making future looms will be easier and more consistant.
Ive also run the power feed cable (20mm2) cable along the side of the passenger area, to provide all power to the front fuse boxes.
I hope sometime this week I can get around to soldering up some of the fuse box and relay wires.


Posted by Steve | Permanent link